Teena has various singing styles which have evolved over the years of listening to the passionate gospel tunes of CeCe Winans, the jazzy phonic sounds of Diana Ross and Ella Fitzgerald, the R/B vocal ranges of Lizz Wright and Dionne Warwick, to the classic sounds of Tina Turner and Billy Holiday. Her double octave vocals are paired with the intimacy of her expressive original compositions.
Soloist, fitness instructor, Zumba leader, choreographer, percussionist, and songwriter. Teena prides herself in being able to perform anything from oldies jazz, to pop, classic rock, gospel and rhythm and blues. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Headliner role in Viva Musica's stage production Showboat Queenie
- Parks Alive concert series, Participant, receiving rave reviews since 1998
- 2003 citywide talent search winner for Broadway and Beyond
- Finalist Great American Songwriters Contest 2008
- This is Christmas title, CD produced in 2008
- Vernon Jazz Society headliner Soloist 2009
- Rarearth a Jazz Blues Festival headliner 2009
- Streaming Café Blues Fest 2009 Guest soloist
- Successful musical production This is Christmas, benefitting the National Society of Hope
- The Cellar Jazz Club Vancouver headliner Soloist 2010
- Lead soloist with Symphonic Rock Evolution Band SRE
- Concert presenting, TeenaRee in the Key of G 2018
- Kelowna Rockets A Hockey national anthem soloist
Nearness of You
Sunny Side of the Street
Teena was born in Louisiana the place known for its birth of Dixieland, jazz, blues and Zydeco music! Along with those southern roots, Teena had some humble beginnings. Raised in a 4 room house, she learned to sing in her church choir, and singing along with the radio. In fact, her Mom, Dad and 6 siblings all sang and played together in various groups throughout her upbringing.
Teena's Dad landed a labourer's job with a railroad company and that track led the family from Louisiana west to California. It has been several years now since Teena launched her singing career in California. She was the middle child of 6 siblings, deemed the most extroverted of all.
After landing a spot in an international touring group for many, many years, Teena has travelled all over the United States, parts of New Zealand, and Canada. She now actively continues her singing and songwriting career, living in the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia with her husband.
EventsSymphonic Rock Evolution
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Vernon and District Performing Arts Centre
Click here for event promotional video
Teena Gowdy and Monica Tracey present
TeenaRee in the Key of G May 5th, 2018 7:00 pm
2091 Gordon Drive
Teena Ree Gowdy presents
This is Christmas
November 27, 2010
A benefit fundraiser for Kelowna and District Society for Community Living with special guest appearance by So You Think You Can Dance Canada, season 3 Top 10 Female Finalist Julia Gowdy-Harnett with the Curtis Tulmans Band, Cowboy Bob 2pm Matinee - 7pm evening show Laural Building on Ellis St., Kelowna, BC
LinksKelowna Now article - 2015
Teena's Christmas CD
National Anthem with Rockets
Here's Teena after singing Oh Canada at a Kelowna Rockets hockey game, shown here with members of Canada's Armed Forces who also participated in the pre-game ceremonies .
Breakfast with son
Here's Teena having breakfast with her son Lincoln. .
Teena's backup singers
TeenaRee in the Key of "G"
Sixties Day at work
Attending Motown The Musical
Singing Oh Canada
At the Kelowna Rockets hockey game
Dream of You
Sunny Side of the Street
Email me at:
Find me on Facebook under 'Teena Ree Gowdy'
I am located in British Columbia and willing to travel and able to work with local musicians.